Thursday, July 18, 2013

Meet Niki


Meet Niki

Hi everyone, I’m Niki, and I’m an intern at Shopping for a Change! Since I’ll be working for the organization for the rest of the summer, please allow me to introduce myself. Don’t worry, I won’t trouble you with a long-winded autobiography (though, I’ll admit, it’s quite tempting). Instead, I would just like to give you a couple facts about myself, and tell you why you have to deal with me for the next two months. :)

Grade?

11th/ Junior

Favorite Clothing Item?
My Fuzzy Socks. They are striped purple and orange, reach up till my ankles, and are super comfortable. I love wearing them around the house. (I would wear them outside too, if not for the laws of fashion that forbid wearing socks with sandals or flip-flops.)
Favorite Gem?
Amethyst. It’s purple and it’s pretty. Case closed.
Why I Decided to Intern?
Mid-way through 10th grade, as I was perusing through various internship descriptions, I was looking for two things: an experience to learn from, and a job that I would enjoy. With Shopping for a Change, I not only found what I was looking for, but I also gained the opportunity to make a difference. Conducting research on products, organizations, and countries proved to be eye-opening for me. I realized that Shopping for a Change supports one cause while supporting many: it supports the rise of women from poverty, but its reach extends worldwide. Through Shopping for a Change, I not only have the opportunity to learn in a fun, supportive environment, but also, and more importantly, to make a difference. Please keep shopping – because by doing so, you are making such a difference.



No comments:

Post a Comment