Saturday, July 13, 2013

Meet Ilana

Meet Ilana

Hello! My name is Ilana! I am in 12th grade, and I love fashion! Fashion to me is a form of expression and a creative way to showcase my personality to the world. My two passions in life are fashion and helping others. Working at Shopping for a Change this summer has been great, and we still have so much to do! Here are some interesting facts about me:


Why did I decide to intern at Shopping for a Change?
I wanted to intern at shopping for a Change because this non-profit combines my three favorite things: fashion, helping others, and shopping! Wanting to start my own sustainable business one day providing products to customers with a beneficial return to a needy person, I felt interning at Shopping for a Change would be a great start in gaining experience in this specific area.  


Favorite Collection at Shopping for a Change?
Shopping for a Change has so many great products from different artisan groups, but one that is my favorite is the Aid Through Trade bracelets. They are beautifully made in Nepal, and when purchased, provides women with safe and healthy jobs to support their families and communities.


Favorite Item of Clothing?
I am totally addicted to shoes! I love all the different colors and styles to choose from! I think shoes tell a lot about a person and shows off their personal style in a creative and fun way!

No comments:

Post a Comment